NFS Setup Problem | Permission denied from client system

bhunter at solisix.com bhunter at solisix.com
Tue Jun 1 15:00:51 PDT 2004

I have setup a NFS Server and the demons are running on the server. I have
created an exports file located at /etc/exports

This is the exports file:
#EXPORTS FILE USED WITH NFS SERVER

#/home/samba/ -alldir -maproot=root 192.168.1.13
/home/samba/ -alldir solid

the one that is commented out is what I had at first, but neither are working
for me when I try and mount from the client system.

flipnode at solid# mount core:/home/samba/ /mnt
[udp] core:/home/samba: Permission denied

ask you see I get a Permission denied for either export setups..

What am I doing wrong?
I was thinking that the problem is folder permissions, but that samba dir has
full access to everyone. Maybe the home dir has to have full access as well?

Thanks guys,
Bruce