FreeBSD and MySQL - mysqld eats CPU alive

dap99 at i-55.com dap99 at i-55.com
Sat Jul 31 22:06:24 PDT 2004

> <removed hackers@, database@>
>
> Before the rest of the message ... I think it'd be best not to "shotgun"
> your mails like this...

Hello.

I would disagree with this. This is obviously both database@ and
questions@ appropriate. I also feel that it is hackers@ appropriate as it
deals with an old, existing, and non-trivial problem that is very much
related to FreeBSD. (In fact, reading the URLs you note below, this was
almost entirely a FreeBSD internals problem.)

> It's certain combinations of the two, best I can tell.  Looks like you
> can stay with FBSD if you want to do the tweaking --- be sure and
> read the second article if your are going to read the first ....
>
> "FreeBSD or Linux for your MySQL Server?"
>     http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000203.html
>
> "Revisiting FreeBSD vs. Linux for MySQL"
>     http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000697.html

Excellent. I had read his earlier notes a long time back, but did not know
he had found some solutions to this problem.