Streaming audio with FreeBSD

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jul 29 22:08:02 PDT 2004

Hello list!!

I'd like to know if there's a software to stream audio to a ShoutCast
server... I tried  on linux the shoutcast dj, but is too simple and just
plays a list of mp3... I need to transmit a radio program and require to send
voice, music and/or both if necesary...

Found a *nix library libshout2 (don't remember the name right now) but has no
full documentation and examples are too poor to develop my own simple
application...

If somebody knows of a mp3/ogg streamer to a shoutcast server I'd appreciate
if you tell me, am experiencing some problems with transmision from inside of
my LAN with windows through the firewall (stream passes fine but with
drop-outs)... so I need to transmit directly from the *nix server...

Thanks for any comment...

Miguel.