java jdk14 install - cannot find file

Peter Ryan pryan at singnet.com.sg
Thu Jul 29 20:00:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

as part of the jdk14 install, i have to
download the file j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin
from the sun web site and put it into the
/usr/ports/distfiles folder.
I did that - no problem.
I can see the file listed in the right place.

When i do the "Make", it aborts with an error.
It cannot find the file I just downloaded.

I highlight and copy the file name in the error
message.

Using KDE find files, i paste the filename into
the search field, and the file is found in the
distfiles folder !!

If I do a whereis on the Konsole and it is not
found. I cd'd to /usr/ports/distfiles and typed
whereis j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin
and i get j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin: back.
I assume this means it is not found.

I looked at the permissions of the file.
they were rw-r--r--. I changed it to
rwxr-xr-x. Didnt make any difference.

The only other thing i noticed was that the
file is a .bin, and the file type is listed
as a shell script.

i am really stuck. I am very new to this and
cant see what is wrong.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
Peter