XFree86 4.4 port (for Chipset CLE266/VT8235 Graphics) - timescale?

Owen.G owen.g at onlinehome.de
Thu Jul 29 07:26:12 PDT 2004

I also bought a EPIA Mini-ITX in early June before seeing the posting
that the video wasn't supported by X on FreeBSD (Linux - supposedly yes,
BSD not yet).

The previous responder (thanks Erik) said, "the CLE266 chipset will be
supported in the port of XFree86 4.4"

I just had a look at the FreeBSD Ports page:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi

and there's no sign of XFree86 4.4 yet.

Questions:
1, Does anybody know the timescale of the port for XFree86 4.4?
2, Will the port of XFree86 4.4 be important enough that it will be
announced on the "freebsd-announce" mailing list?

(I did get an X windows manager running on the VGA S server but it was
too low resolution to be useful.)

Thanks in anticipation,

Owen
====