openoffice install and java JRE on 4.10

Peter Ryan pryan at singnet.com.sg
Tue Jul 27 19:12:40 PDT 2004

Hi Jay,

I am quite confused about this diablo
jre install.

I just tried installing diablo jre 13
from the ports collection, but it tells
me to get the file manually from
freebsdfoundation.  The file it wants
me to download is
diablo-latte-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2

I had already put a downloaded file into
the /usr/ports/distfile directory, but its
name was
diablo-jre-1.3.1.0.tgz

These files seem to have the same version
number, but i dont know how to use the one
I have.

Could I ask you - how did you install the
diablo-jre-1.3.1.0.tgz that you downloaded.
I mean, what command or whatever did you use ?

The same question applies to the OpenOffice 1.1.2
install you did after that.

These things dont seem to be in the ports
collection, and I dont know if they are
considered "packages" or something different.

Thanks for your patience - I am still struggling
to come to grips with this environment.
Peter