Converting or Reading UFS?

Joe Pokupec joep at ninestar.com
Sun Jul 25 20:39:42 PDT 2004

   Hey

   I have 4 large (120- 200 Gig) hard drives   server. The server died and I'm no longer using   I can get the data off these drives?

   - Convert UFS to any other mountable and   OS X? If so, where? I thought maybe Ghost, but   sector copies, which are not readable by Ghost

   - Mount these drives in VMWare FreeBSD 5.1   so, how can I do this? Is there a simple automount   and mount available partitions in Gnome or KDE? I'm able   da0 device show up in the terminal when I plug in the device,   can I tell what the partitioning scheme is? And how can I mount

   - If I re-install 5.1 on a spare box, I'm   with how to view the partitions of these hard   them appropriately...

   Maybe I'm going about this all wrong... If   partitioned hd in a FreeBSD 5.1 box, is there an easy   and view the data on it? Can I tell what type of formatting   It will be either UFS or NTFS...

   Thanks

   Joe