FreeBSD Hosting

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.org
Sat Jul 17 01:49:29 PDT 2004

Joseph Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this question comes up, but I am looking at switching hosting
> companies and am considering going with a dedicated server or co-locating
> some servers somewhere. Regardless of which way I go, I want to make sure
> the hosting facility has technicians who have experience with FreeBSD, in
> especially with jails. If I go with a co-location set-up, I'd like to find
> somewhere that will manage security patches, OS updates, etc - whether it is
> through the hosting facility or through a 3rd party consultant. We are a
> small firm and do not have the time to effectively manage all aspects of the
> system, yet we are more than capable of handling the day-to-day basics of
> the system (installing software, supporting web, db, and e-mail, etc). I'd
> appreciate any recommendations anyone has on hosting facilities /
> consultants that would be able to effectively handle these issues for us.

While I can't tell from your posting what exactly you would like to do
with the server, going by your general requirements you may be
interested in what we (EscapeBox) do.  Please consider following the
link in my signature.

    Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
gemini at geminix.org  |  http://www.escapebox.net