FreeBSD Hosting

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jul 16 09:33:34 PDT 2004

Joseph Koenig <joe at jwebmedia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this question comes up, but I am looking at switching hosting
> companies and am considering going with a dedicated server or co-locating
> some servers somewhere. Regardless of which way I go, I want to make sure
> the hosting facility has technicians who have experience with FreeBSD, in
> especially with jails. If I go with a co-location set-up, I'd like to find
> somewhere that will manage security patches, OS updates, etc - whether it is
> through the hosting facility or through a 3rd party consultant. We are a
> small firm and do not have the time to effectively manage all aspects of the
> system, yet we are more than capable of handling the day-to-day basics of
> the system (installing software, supporting web, db, and e-mail, etc). I'd
> appreciate any recommendations anyone has on hosting facilities /
> consultants that would be able to effectively handle these issues for us.
> Thank you,

I have experience maintaining FreeBSD/jail systems for a local ISP in the
Pittsburgh area as well as other clients in other areas.  We do not do
provide hosting at this time, but I can recommend a few different providers
in the Pittsburgh area, or I am willing to work with providers elsewhere.

Let me know if you're interested or want more information.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies