FreeBSD Hosting

Joseph Koenig joe at jwebmedia.com
Fri Jul 16 09:16:29 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm sure this question comes up, but I am looking at switching hosting
companies and am considering going with a dedicated server or co-locating
some servers somewhere. Regardless of which way I go, I want to make sure
the hosting facility has technicians who have experience with FreeBSD, in
especially with jails. If I go with a co-location set-up, I'd like to find
somewhere that will manage security patches, OS updates, etc - whether it is
through the hosting facility or through a 3rd party consultant. We are a
small firm and do not have the time to effectively manage all aspects of the
system, yet we are more than capable of handling the day-to-day basics of
the system (installing software, supporting web, db, and e-mail, etc). I'd
appreciate any recommendations anyone has on hosting facilities /
consultants that would be able to effectively handle these issues for us.
Thank you,

Joe Koenig
Production Manager
jWeb New Media Design