Problem with xorgcfg

Adrian Waters awaters at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jul 14 06:14:24 PDT 2004

Hello all.

I've just upgraded from XFree86 to Xorg (fresh install of 5.2.1R-p9),
and it seems to be working okay, except when I try to run xorgcfg in
order to tweak the monitor it fails with "Can't create rules
structure".  It doesn't tell me what, where, or why, and I don't seem
to be able to find anything about it in my searching.  "xorgcfg
-textmode" works, but as I'm trying to run xorgcfg in order to tweak my
monitor Modelines I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice for
fixing this.

Thanks,

Adrian.