Moving my Outlook PST file to any BSD E-mail client

Jon Drews jon.drews at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:53:30 PDT 2004

>From the Ximian Evolution support knowledge base:
http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=yOj4eYfh&p_lva=&p_faqid=59&p_created=995655179&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTg1JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTImcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

How do I import my Outlook .pst files into Evolution?

  Question
  As my previous email client, I used Microsoft Outlook. How can I
import my old email and contacts from Outlook?

  Answer
  Evolution cannot import these files directly into Evolution because
the .pst format is a proprietary format, and access to it requires the
use of the MAPI.DLL library, which can only be read by applications
running in Windows. However, there are two applications that can
convert the files for you: Outport and Mozilla. You will be running
these applications under Windows and we cannot guarantee that they
will work, nor can we support them. You can also export address
information to CSV format and then convert it to a format that
Evolution understands.

To Use Outport: