Network configuration in FreeBSD

Aaron Walker ka0ttic at butsugenjitemple.org
Thu Jul 8 07:31:16 PDT 2004

Miguel Cardenas wrote:
> Hello
>
> Am new to FreeBSD... just installed it for 2nd time today, but don't know what
> I did that it didn't ask me for the network configuration (ip, domain,
> etc)... once installed, is there a command to perform that task?
>
> I'm linux user, so am familiar to *nix systems, but don't know how to
> configure the network specifically on freebsd...
>
> Thanks for any comment,
> Mike

As another person suggested, try checking out the FreeBSD Handbook at
freebsd.org, which pretty much describes everything you need to know
when getting started w/FBSD.

Since, no one has suggested this yet, I will:  you can go back into the
installer utility by running /stand/sysinstall.  The installer comes in
handy quite a bit when you don't know the actually commands to do
something (ie setting up a network interface or partitioning a disk).

Once you run /stand/sysinstall, you can scroll all the way to the bottom
and select 'Index' and then select 'Network Interfaces'.

HTH
--
Don't you wish that all the people who sincerely want to help you
could agree with each other?

/*  Aaron Walker
  *  http://butsugenjitemple.org/~ka0ttic/
  */