free bsd4.4 lite

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Jul 8 06:06:10 PDT 2004

amith bc <amithbc_in at yahoo.com> writes:
> Thanks for your early response.
> But what about the solution for TCP reset spoofing?
> I also do not see any sequence number checking being
> done in the code I am using. The tcp_input.c that I am
> using is dated  8.12 (Berkeley) 5/24/95. Can you
> please help us in finding which BSD level/version this
> belongs to?As far as I know, we use FreeBSD4.4.
> Please correct us if we are wrong.

If you really have FreeBSD 4.4, then tcp_input.c should contain the
following line:

 $FreeBSD: src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c,v 1.107.2.16 2001/08/22 00:59:12 silby Exp $

If there is no such line in your tcp_input.c (or a similar one that
starts with $NetBSD: or $OpenBSD:), you must be looking at the
original 4.4BSD Lite2 sources from the CSRG.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no