IPF problems

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 5 07:57:23 PDT 2004

You seem to be confused between ipfw and ipf. These are two
different firewall software application which are built into the
FreeBSD operating system.

You may want to read the new rewrite of the Freebsd handbooks
firewall section which is currently available at
www.a1poweruser.com/FBSD_firewall/  which does an far better job of
describing how to configure the and use the 2 different firewall
software applications.

The Freebsd doc group has downloaded this manuscript and working on
it to replace what is currently in the handbook.

The IPFILTER section has been made into an separate manuscript for
release to the open source community where ipfilter is very popular.
It's temporally available from www.a1poweruser.com/FBSD_ipfilter/