LVM ? (not vinum!)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 4 16:22:11 PDT 2004

On Sunday,  4 July 2004 at 21:06:20 +0200, Stephan van Beerschoten wrote:
> Is there an implementation of an LVM in FreeBSD ?
> Vinum is not sufficient. I am looking for a true LVM where creating and
> resizing volumes is a must.

And what's missing in Vinum?

> Something like Solaris Disksuite with softpartitioning is something
> I could live with already, but it just does not seem to exist.

Sounds like Vinum to me.

> Am I correct?

I don't think so.

> I'd hate to have to consider Linux as the OS for this new platform
> because of the one flaw in FreeBSD I can't live with :(

I'd suggest that you read the documentation and come back with a list
of features which you would like to see.  The ones you mention above
have existed from day one.

Greg
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.