disk image software

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Jul 3 17:10:44 PDT 2004

On 2004-07-03 19:27, Marty Landman <MLandman at face2interface.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking of replacing the 1 GB and 2 GB hard drives on my FBSD 4.8
> machine with 4 GB and 6 GB hd's that have become available. Is there a way
> to do this which will be worth the trouble? Considering the FBSD box isn't
> highly configured or busy right now is it better to just start from scratch?

I'd probably add the new disks to the machine and use dump/restore to
copy the data over from the old ones.  Then shutdown, switch disks and
boot using the new disks to see if all works fine as it used to.

Reinstalling is probably going to take a while and you might forget to
apply again some old local hack.

Giorgos