strange pw behaviour

Jonas Sonntag jonas.sonntag at jbhosting.de
Sat Jul 3 07:46:31 PDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 20:25, Charles Swiger wrote:
> How many groups is the www user in?  By default, the system only
> permits a user to belong to up to 16 groups...

That fits. User www is in 19 groups total and gets Permission denied on three.
Thanks a lot for the hint Chuck!
I found the sysctl knob kern.ngroups, too bad it's read only. I don't think
I'm going to reboot and change that, so I'll have to think about another
permission model, which seems to be smarter anyway, now that I know about the
max groups restriction.

Again, thanks a lot for the hint, at least I'm a bit smarter now :)

Cheers
Jonas