Can FreeBSD be a PDC for microsoft machines?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jan 31 20:31:05 PST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 10:20 pm, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> http://www.samba.org
>
> It's in the ports, but you can read about it at the website first

Hmm - I don't know if Samba can do what I *think* he means. Allow me to
expand. I'm thinking he means as in Active Directory. A Domain.

I first did a fast search of the ports - See below:

racerx# make search key="active dir" | more
Port:   adtool-1.2
Info:   Active Directory administration tool
Maint:  joseph at randomnetworks.com
Index:  sysutils
B-deps: expat-1.95.6_1 gettext-0.12.1 gmake-3.80_1 libiconv-1.9.1_3
openldap-cli
ent-2.1.26
R-deps: openldap-client-2.1.26

I'm willing to bet there may be something there for you. Always use make
search key (as root - from /usr/ports) to seek something.

- --
Best regards,
Chris