Building a custom release, not working

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-questions at webteckies.org
Sat Jan 31 15:20:01 PST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 22:06, Chad M Stewart wrote:

> I printed off the FreeBSD Release Engineering document and read through
> it.  I then proceeded to create a local copy of the CVS tree.

And did you checkout /usr/src with that local copy? And did you do a make
buildworld, to populate /usr/obj with the output of that new tree.

ie:
cd /usr
mv src src.old
cvs -d/home/cms/cvs_root co -r RELENG_4_9 src
cd src
make buildworld
# might be sensible to do, not strictly necessary:
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL
# make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL
# reboot
# make installworld
# mergemaster
cd release
make release ....options...

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan 28
18:01:18 CET 2004
root at sarevok.lan.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386