FreeBSD 5.2: How do I automatically restart twm with the Default session?

Anthony Discolo avdiscolo at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:10:22 PST 2004

This is the twm that comes with 5.2.  These problems occured when I was not
using a ~/.twmrc or ~/.xsession.

I found that there is some problem with xsm restarting twm within a session.
  I tried everything I could think of but twm always dumps core when its
restarted by xsm.  Twm only works correctly when a Fail Safe session is
started by xsm.  I figured out how to eliminate the session dialog after I
logged in by adding "xsm -session Default" in my .xsession, but when twm
dumps core, it leaves the session locked, and that prevents me from
subsequently automatically logging into the Default session.

I ended up just running twm from my .xsession and not using xsm at all.  It
seems to work fine.

If anyone has a workaround for these problems, let me know.

Thanks.