Using the ATAPI/CAM Driver

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-questions at webteckies.org
Sat Jan 31 08:25:58 PST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 11:31, Jeff Elkins wrote:

> That succeeded in freezing the permissions from boot to boot, but I still
> get the error "cd9660: /dev/cd0: Device not configured" when I try to mount
> a cd via the passthrough device: mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom
>
> I _can_ mount cds using the /dev/acd* devices, while using the /dev/cd*
> devices for writing.  Is this the way atapi cdrws are supposed to work
> under freebsd?

So, is cam compiled into the kernel? Do you have the xpt SCSI driver?
If cam is configured correctly, there should be mentioning of cd0
in /var/run/dmesg.boot and the cd's should be listed via:

camcontrol devlist

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan 28
18:01:18 CET 2004
root at sarevok.lan.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386