After 4.6 to 4.9, SSH Lockout

chael at southgate.ph.inter.net chael at southgate.ph.inter.net
Fri Jan 30 05:49:09 PST 2004

Hello,

After upgrading from 4.6-STABLE to 4.9-STABLE (religiously following the Handbook), I could not login to a second or another ssh session. I still, however, have my current connection to where I performed the make world steps. This is a REMOTE machine and I do not want disconnect this current ssh session because of fear that I may not get a successful ssh connection again.

Any ideas? Hope anyone can give a straight help.

I am attaching below my ssh -v result from a local machine I used to try ssh to the remote one:

-bash-2.05b$ ssh -v REMOTE_IP
OpenSSH_3.5p1 FreeBSD-20021029, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to REMOTE_IP [REMOTE_IP] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/myusername/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/myusername/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/myusername/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_2.9 FreeBSD localisations 20011202
debug1: match: OpenSSH_2.9 FreeBSD localisations 20011202 pat OpenSSH_2.*,OpenSSH_3.0*,OpenSSH_3.1*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.5p1 FreeBSD-20021029
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 139/256
debug1: bits set: 1033/2049
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: Host 'REMOTE_IP' is known and matches the DSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/myusername/.ssh/known_hosts:28
debug1: bits set: 1008/2049
debug1: ssh_dss_verify: signature correct
debug1: kex_derive_keys
debug1: newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: waiting for SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: done: ssh_kex2.
debug1: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST
debug1: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug1: got SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try privkey: /home/myusername/.ssh/identity
debug1: try privkey: /home/myusername/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: try privkey: /home/myusername/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
otp-md5 279 ka1364 ext
S/Key Password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
otp-md5 63 ka4161 ext
S/Key Password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
otp-md5 343 ka9768 ext
S/Key Password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is password
myusername at REMOTE_IP's password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
Permission denied, please try again.
myusername at REMOTE_IP's password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
Permission denied, please try again.
myusername at REMOTE_IP's password:
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: no more auth methods to try
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x804c704(0x0)
-bash-2.05b$