BSD Used on a Storigen ES device

Joe Lewis joe at joe-lewis.com
Thu Jan 29 19:31:13 PST 2004

I have a question for you experts and guru's.  Have you ever used BSD on
a Storigen device?  I find when I try to boot the device into
5.1-RELEASE, after about 4 minutes, the device powers off and then
restarts.  I am getting no log messages, which means no APM interrupt is
occuring.  The device just "shuts off".  The motherboard is a Tyan
Thunder LE S2510, with Serverworks III.  If an older, more
production-secure OS would be better, I can do that, but would rather
stand on the bleeding edge.

Now, the entire time, the LCD on the front is saying "Storigen \n
booting...".  That leads me to believe that this device, if it does not
get a specific interface call to tell it that we've booted, will reset
in another attempt to boot successfuly.  Anybody used on of these with BSD?

Also, I'd also like to know if I can change that text, or even log to
that LCD panel.  A curious mind I have.  Any ideas?

Joe Lewis