Mailfilter

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Thu Jan 29 04:49:32 PST 2004

Dear All,

For awhile now I've been using a Linux/Unix program called Mailfilter,
and it is SUPERB. It has solved my problems with the continuous
bombardment of Windows viruses that pour into my inbox. Unlike Procmail,
Mailfilter deletes the garbage on the mail server, so you don't have to
download, which is of major importance if you're on dialup (as I am most
of the time).

Alas, I have not been able to get Mailfilter to compile on FreeBSD, even
though it is claimed to work. It is not in the ports collection (though
I wish it was - any developers interested?). Rather, you have to
download the source from Sourceforge and compile.

Below I've reproduced the part of the make process where the error shows
up. If anybody has a suggestion, I'd be grateful.

best regards,
Robert

  Making all in src
  gmake[2]: Entering directory `/root/mailfilter-0.6/src'
  source='rcfile.cc' object='rcfile.o' libtool=no \
  depfile='.deps/rcfile.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/rcfile.TPo' \
  depmode=gcc /usr/local/bin/bash ../depcomp \
  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include -I../src
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -I../intl  -I/usr/local/include
-Wall -g -O2 -c -o rcfile.o `test -f 'rcfile.cc' || echo './'`rcfile.cc
  rcfile.ll:230: conflicting types for `typedef union YYSTYPE YYSTYPE'
  rcparser.h:40: previous declaration as `typedef union YYSTYPE YYSTYPE'
  rcfile.ll:231: conflicting types for `union YYSTYPE yylval'
  rcparser.h:41: previous declaration as `union YYSTYPE yylval'
  gmake[2]: *** [rcfile.o] Error 1
  gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mailfilter-0.6/src'
  gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mailfilter-0.6'
  gmake: *** [all] Error 2