ERROR: BOOTDIR environment variable

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 00:18:20 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:21:32PM +0900, Rommel B. Ikeda wrote:
> I am trying to install Java from my /usr/ports/java/jdk13 ports.
> The error message below came out and I do not know to do with it.
>
> ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
>        to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
>        A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 build must be bootstrapped against any
>        1.3 build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting, or
>        just unset it, and start your build again.
>
> Can anyone give mne hints and advice on this?

Yes.  Before you can compile and install jdk13 you need to have
installed jdk13.  Start by installing the Diablo JDK port -- which is
a pre-compiled JDK.  In fact, if the Diablo JDK fulfils your needs,
that's all you need to do.

In any case, the Diablo JDK should be sufficient to compile jdk13.
Make sure you unset 'JAVA_HOME' before you start the compile.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way