Where are the startup scripts?

KURT BUFF kurtbuff at spro.net
Wed Jan 28 22:10:55 PST 2004

Bit of a newb question here:

I've got a pretty standard install of postfix, and am trying to follow the
directions in this web page:

http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-instance.html

Everything is pretty crystalline until I get to the line that says:

"To create a startup script for the second instance, either edit your
existing Postfix startup script and add the above command (postfix -c
/etc/postfix-out start) after the existing postfix start command, or copy
the existing startup script to a new name and change the copy."

The author goes on with examples from Redhat and Debian, but I am not sure
where to place the above command.

I'm leaning toward putting it in /etc/rc.conf, but that just doesn't quite
feel right. Nor does just sticking the line in /etc/rc.

Help much appreciated.

Kurt