Large File (Chunking?) http uploads via proxy server?

freebsd freebsd at xzozx.net
Wed Jan 28 13:31:25 PST 2004

Pardon the off topic question, but one of the things I like about this
list is the varied skill set everyone has!

I need to upload large files via HTTP throught a proxy server.   These
files can be multiple GB in size.   I realize FTP or SCP would be
superior - but the proxy server does not permit those protocols, and I
don't control the proxy server.   It is possible (in fact gotomypc does
it somehow in their product).    Most upload scripts load the entire
upload into memory - clearly this is not suitable.

Thoughts?

Paul