Mailing List problem

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Jan 28 09:55:40 PST 2004

parahat melayev wrote:
> I don't know if it is a problem or not but
> I am unable to send e-mails to FreeBSD lists
> via my SMTP server on localhost.

The FreeBSD lists have a rather restricted setup in order to prevent
from spam. You need a fqdn, and working reverse lookup in order to have
your mails accepted (this applies also for the PR database).

If cannot fullfill these requirements, you can use an external mail
relay that has prober dns settings.

If you need further information, please be a bit more verbose:

- Which mail server software do you use?
- What is the error message?
- ...

Simon