Default route problem

Martin and Belinda Richardson m.b.richardson at keypoint.com.au
Tue Jan 27 17:53:23 PST 2004

Hi everyone,
		I am having a problem with a gateway I am building for a friend. I have
initially set the box up on my home network and have set this box to use my
gateway temporarily while I fetch some ports etc. Now that I have removed it
from my network, and edited /etc/rc.conf to set it up to act as a gateway,
it STILL sets the default route to my old gateway. I cant find any config
file that says "add default route" or anything. I have not set defaultroute
in /etc/rc.conf, and it is set to "NO" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf!
If I use /stand/sysinstall to configure the interface, I notice that there
is a value already there for the ipV4 gateway (my gateway). deleting this
here does not work. There must be a file somewhere that I have not seen
causing me the trouble. Please help!

Thanks.

Cheers, Martin
---