PHP-Perl-MySQL-Apache (was: hi from california)

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jan 27 16:48:56 PST 2004

zzerver at hotmail.com wrote:

>Am soo sorry to ask for help, but ...i try for 1 week now, am running a free shell server in spanish http://shelgratis.org ; and i starting to offer access to individuals for free on my web server; my old server was red hat linux 9, and i change main main server (got 3 servers) to be freeBSD , i think its a great Os, but i had try to get php+perl+apache+mysql to work togather but some how i cant! ...i try searching your help documents and found zero topics about, i dont know withs port will do the job for me, i try i did recompile my apache from scratch with no results ...as far a go was get everything but php, perl cant call mysql deamon...can you please help me??? ...thanks! alex root at shellgratis.org ; atleast tell me withone off all ports on your site will enable my mysql+apache+php+perl ??? thanks again

Hey Alex, welcome to FBSD!

Some guys read their email in text mode; so we
generally wrap our lines at about 80 characters
or so when using the lists.

What errors have your been getting?
Have you tried this?

    $cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
    $make install clean

    $cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
    $make install clean

    $cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
    $make install clean

Other than that, without knowing what
errors you are receiving, I'm afraid you
may not get much help ... no one knows
what problems you are having, y'know?

Kevin Kinsey