CURL in PHP performance question

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-questions at webteckies.org
Tue Jan 27 14:40:04 PST 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 01:05, Brent Wiese wrote:

> One of my users wants my to compile CURL so they can use it with PHP, which
> is being run as an Apache module (not cgi).
>
> I've never used it, but based on the way it reads, it seems like the
> overhead of the calls on even a moderately busy site could have serious
> server impacts.

The alternative is the built-in fopen('protocol://server/resource', 'r') and
that is much more error prone. Are you not mixing the cURL "alternative to
wget" with Tim Bernes-Lee's attempt at a unified webscripting language?
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #3: Tue Dec 30
14:31:47 CET 2003
root at sarevok.idg.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG  i386