how to tell if my ISP is blocking email & web ports

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Wed Jan 21 14:34:30 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com>
To: "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque.com>
Cc: "freebsd-questions at FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: how to tell if my ISP is blocking email & web ports

> My friends PC is an MS/Windows 98 box.
> I know all windows system have telnet in command.com.
> Which is reachable from start/run and opens an native dos window.
>
> Would anybody know the syntax of the native dos telnet command
>  to include the port number to use?
>
> telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx would get me to the telnet port
> at that IP address.

Actually, the native "dos" mode versions of telnet came standard starting
with Win2k but I won't go into that. :)

The syntax is start > run > telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port#

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.