CPU or network bound? (Thin clients)

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Jan 26 09:51:00 PST 2004

I decided to take one of the suggestions here for what to do with my old
laptop.  I'm going to set it up with ssh X forwarding and connect to my much
faster desktop machine.

My wife wants a couple of apps I will have to install Wine for on the
desktop.  If I were to use the laptop as a thin client connecting to the
desktop running Wine+applications, would that probably be better than
installing Wine on my laptop?  The laptop is 266MHz verus 1.8GHz on the
desktop.

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.