nss_ldap, sendmail and ls

Andrea Venturoli ml.ventu at flashnet.it
Sun Jan 25 05:09:33 PST 2004

Hello.
I've built a mailserver with FreeBSD 5.1, which uses nss_ldap for the user database, and sendmail-ldap from the port
collection.
Everything works fine except forward files. I've arranged sendmail to keep them all in one directory by user name;
however this only works for users which are in /etc/passwd, not for those that are stored in LDAP.

Something which might be related: if I do "ls -l" I can see the usernames, again, only for users which are in
/etc/passwd, for those that are in LDAP I see the uid number instead. Is this normal?

Any hint is appreciated.

 bye & Thanks
        av.