Installing from ISO images

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Sat Jan 24 15:51:41 PST 2004

Sure,

On a separate machine setup an ftp server, create a directories named
4.9-RELEASE and 5.2-RELEASE right where you will be placed when
connecting with ftp. Then mount the iso image as follows (4.x syntax):

vnconfig -e /dev/vn0 4.9-image.iso
vnconfig -e /dev/vn1 5.2-image.iso
mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vn0 4.9-RELEASE
mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vn1 5.2-RELEASE

Now you can boot from a floppy and select ftp for the installation.