amadmin not in man pages (amanda)

sysadmin sysadmin at snv.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 23 14:26:27 PST 2004

I am installing amanda on a new client and I have noticed that amadmin is
not in the man pages (and it should according to the amanda man page). This
is true both with the package and the port.

For the package, it appears that the tarball just includes man pages for
'amanda' 'amrecover' and 'amrestore'.

With the port, the 'make' (or 'make install') builds the man pages (in
work/amanda-2.4.4/man) but eventually they are not /usr/local/man/. By the
way, doing 'man -k amanda' gives no answer, even after 'makewhatis'.

My system : 5.1-RELEASE
package used : amanda-client-2.4.4,1

I have looked for a parameter to use with make install (--enable-something)
but found nothing about the man pages.

Do Amanda users have the same problem ?