Dependencies of installed ports

Tom Munro Glass gentoo at tmgcon.com
Thu Jan 22 20:00:20 PST 2004

1) How can I display the dependencies between the ports I have installed on my
4.9-RELEASE machine? There seem to be some ports in /var/db/pkg that I
haven't intentionally installed and I would like to get rid of some of them,
but I don't know if they are used by other ports.

2) I use portinstall to install ports, but if I want to delete a port, is the
only way to use "make deinstall"? It would be nice if there was something
like portdeinstall that would remove the specified port and any ports it
depends on (providing they are not used elsewhere).

Regards,

Tom Munro Glass