ideas for an old BSD laptop?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jan 22 11:40:45 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 07:23:52PM +1000, anubis wrote:
: We have an old laptop and are going to turn it into a music on hold service
: for our pabx.
:
: Will be uploading files to it via ftp and running a cron job to list all files
: in the ftp directory and start playing them.  People can listen while on hold
: or we can listen in on the loudspeaker on the phone.
:
: There are plenty of command line driven players out there I am sure.

Why a cron job to play them?  Why not just ssh in and run it that way?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.