upgrading mysql

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Thu Jan 22 09:06:47 PST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 10:51 am, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> It seems like some port i want to install depend on mysql4, but i have
> some programs that depends on mysql-client-3.23.58_1 ( I also have
> mysql-server-3.23.58_1 installed)
>
> I was wondering upgrading the mysql ports to 4.x series. should this be
> okay?
>
> gallery-1.4.1 ,p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219, php4-4.3.4_5, phpMyAdmin-2.5.4,
> phpSysInfo-2.1 and squirrelmail-1.4.2_1 seems to like mysql-3, and i was
> wondering if these ports will work with mysql4.
>
> and if this works, how will be the correct way of upgrading the mysql
> packages?

Below is a link to an article about portupgrade, a port that manages the
upgrading of ports.  Portupgrade has options to upgrade port dependencies as
well as other ports that use the port you're upgrading.  If you use the -n
switch, portupgrade will report the steps required without actually
performing the upgrade.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould