wierd errors with USB drive & syslog

Brent Bailey misterb at bmyster.com
Wed Jan 21 12:44:51 PST 2004

Im runnign FBSD 4.9 rc ...this box is running syslog server for a bunch of
routers at work.

Over the past couple weeks ive seen these errors more & more
often, is this the swap filling up ??? whenever i do "top" only 3% of swap
is in use..   any thoughts ???

swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device: #da/0x20001, blkno: 15304,
size: 4096

ALSO ..in my nitely reporting im seeing the following errors. I know that
syslog is basically UDP and udp not being a reliable protocal (no
re-transmits like TCP )

anywho we are seeing alot of udp packets being dropped due to full
sockets..im worried that im not getting all the logging that i should be
getting.

udp:
  38123594 datagrams received
  0 with incomplete header
  0 with bad data length field
  2 with bad checksum
  352023 with no checksum
  319427 dropped due to no socket
  386465 broadcast/multicast datagrams dropped due to no socket
  5775699 dropped due to full socket buffers     <--THIS CONCERNS ME
  0 not for hashed pcb
  31642001 delivered
  15879668 datagrams output

anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this ???
any help is very appreciated.

--
Brent Bailey