how to tell if my ISP is blocking email & web ports

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Wed Jan 21 12:00:21 PST 2004

I am thinking about enabling my gateway's sendmail email
server to receive email directly from the public internet and
also installing apache to serve my own home page.

I have 24/7 cable internet connection plus an registered
domain name which goes no place right now.

I know I can not ask my ISP's tech support if they block
ports 110, 25, and 80, because they will get suspicious
and monitor my account. Want to stay under their radar.

So I need a way to test if the ports are blocked or not using an
friends PC and my current  IP address.

What do you recommend?