Upgrade procedure question

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 20 20:53:05 PST 2004

Hi, folks,

	I decided my minor problems (a couple I've posted, a couple I haven't)
might be solved by doing what I should've already done, namely,
upgrading from 4.6 to 4.9.

	I'm looking at the text of INSTALL.TXT right now, and I've got a
question which, if it weren't so basic, would probably be a FAQ: Does
the install really copy all of the old /etc to some new location which
you are prompted to define at the time of the upgrade? That's what it
seems to say, but I'd feel foolish having gotten it wrong.

	If that's really true, then I'm ready to go--but if it's not, then I'm
potentially in a world of hurt, having a lot of stuff stuck in /etc
(both config files and stuff I've put there for safekeeping during the
upgrade) that I really don't want to lose.

Thanks,

	John A