NFS & Samba problems

Zac Brown rufius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 14:24:25 PST 2004

Brian,
	When you say "The error you're seeing, "RPCPROG_NFS: Program not registered", is nfsd complaining that it can't talk to portmap (which "registers" RPC services)." Are we talking the portmapper on the local computer, or the portmapper on the remote computer.

	Also for anyone else, I've gotten further with my mount_smbfs problem, but still getting errors. It returns:

	phineas# mount_smbfs -I 192.168.0.3 //zac at black/homes /home
	mount_smbfs: vfsload(smbfs): File exists

ANY time I use mount_smbfs, it doesn't even matter if the computer I'm trying to connect to has Samba or not. It returns it for all calls to mount_smbfs. I did add "NETSMB", "NETSMBCRYPTO", "LIBICONV", "LIBMCHAIN", and "SMBFS" to my kernel config and recompiled as well as issuing "kldload smbfs" so that smbfs was added to my /boot/loader.conf. If I've done something I shouldn't have please by all means correct me.

BTW: My rc.conf contains the following entries in that order for reference:

	nfs_client_enable="YES"
	nfs_client_flags="
	mountd_enable="YES"
	rpcbind_enable="YES"