df reporting wrong size on NFS mounted share

scott renna flexble2547 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 07:15:14 PST 2004

Hello,

Im wondering if anyone has run into this situation
before.  I'm currently noticing something strange with
an NFS mounted share.  I have a 5.2 machine mounting a
share off of another 5.2 machine.  I'm using NFS
version 3 and using tcp as opposed to udp.  What
happens is that df -h reports the total size of the
share to be 496MB.  However, df -h on the NFS server
reports the total size to be 112GB.

Has anyone seen behavior such as this before?

Thanks
scott