Web Editing?

BSD baby bsdlap at hitmedia.com
Mon Jan 19 17:13:34 PST 2004

> What do people here use to edit HTML documents?  I usually use Dreamweaver,
> but I haven't gotten the time to try to get wine working so I can run
> Dreamweaver on FreeBSD.

Quanta is your best bet.  It's very similar to Homesite on Windows.  (Which I think is bundled with Dreamweaver these days.)

HOMEPAGE:  http://quanta.sourceforge.net/

Those of you who haven't looked at it in a long time, check it out again.
Tag-completion for HTML saves many keystrokes over doing things in vi/emacs.
Its syntax hints for PHP are wonderful.
Syntax coloring for every language (even the odd/rare ones, thanks to Kate).

It's KDE-native.

TO INSTALL:
cd /usr/ports/www/quanta ; make install

I use it about 8 hours a day for everything from HTML-making to Ruby-programming, and love it.