Web Editing?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 19 14:37:07 PST 2004

On Monday, 19 January 2004 at  8:25:28 -0600, Eric F Crist wrote:
> What do people here use to edit HTML documents?  I usually use Dreamweaver,
> but I haven't gotten the time to try to get wine working so I can run
> Dreamweaver on FreeBSD.

Is Dreamweaver output standards compliant?  Most HTML generated by
HTML editors looks terrible and creates multiple warnings and possibly
error messages from validators such as http://validator.w3.org/ or
HTML tidy (/usr/ports/www/tidy).

I use Emacs with a number of macros to create the more complex
structures.  It includes a pass through HTML tidy to reformat and
correct any errors.

Greg