Web Editing?

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-questions at webteckies.org
Mon Jan 19 09:20:06 PST 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 16:24, Peter Risdon wrote:

> Eric F Crist wrote:
> >What do people here use to edit HTML documents?  I usually use
> > Dreamweaver, but I haven't gotten the time to try to get wine working so
> > I can run Dreamweaver on FreeBSD.
> >TIA
>
> For a fully graphical html development tool, try /usr/ports/www/quanta

Actually - not the ports version, but the CVS version introduces WYSIWYG
development, through the Kafka part. It requires KDE 3.2, which is also still
in development (allthough - if you look closely in the headers of this email
you see one can work with it).

It does require some skill to set up though. There's a helper script available
here:
http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org/people/will/stuff/kde-cvs-upgrade.sh

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.idg.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #3: Tue Dec 30 14:31:47
CET 2003     root at sarevok.idg.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOAPM_NODEBUG
i386