mouse and curl problems

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 18 13:21:02 PST 2004

Hi, folks,

	I've gotten my modem problems straightened out--and thanks for the
help! Now, I've got two other oddities going on.

	(By the way, I've yet to upgrade to 4.9--that'll be soon, but not
today--and I'm still on 4.6 for now.)

	First, my mouse--a very vanilla two-button PS/2--is not doing the
right thing (or anything at all). I first turned it on with
/stand/sysinstall and it appeared (on that screen) to be working
correctly, but didn't know to do a vidcontrol -m on, so I started
mucking around with the configuration. Now, I can't get it to appear
normal in /stand/sysinstall, and it also flickers on the screen. It'll
"select" when I click, but it doesn't select consistently, and it does
not paste. I've yet to set up X--this is strictly on the bare screen.
This is frustrating, but not horrible.

	Second, curl 7.10.7 will pkg_add, but when I try to use it (to resume
the download of XFree86-fontScalable, which was almost done when we got
a power hit), it tells me /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libssl.so.3" not found. Is this just a bad setting for
LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or something else?

Thanks,

	John A