saving downloaded packages with pkg_add -r

Aaron Siegel bulk_mail at siegel-tech.net
Sun Jan 18 11:31:43 PST 2004

I not sure were pkg_add -r downloads the packages.

I have couple recommendations:

1. buy a full box set or download all four installation cd images.

2. install sysutils/portupgrade. This will automate the download off all
packages.  You can install the binary version and its dependent packages with
the following comand:

	# portinstall -PR  kdelibs  (read the man page for more details)

All the packages will be downloaded to the /usr/ports/packages filesystem.

The ports collection is a moving target constantly changing it would be easier
to download all new packages or stick with the packages and port collection
found on the RELEASE cdroms. (That is my opinion)